Thursday, December 15, 2005

What I Ate - Breakfast and Lunch

This morning I made waffles for breakfast. After growing up on pancakes made with Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix, I went through a phase where I scoffed at anything made from a box. My favorite waffles are still made from scratch; my favorite recipe is from Cook's Illustrated The Best Recipe cookbook. It involves separating the eggs and whipping the egg whites. These waffles are crispy on the outside and soft on the outside - perfect! But alas, on a weekday morning I don't feel like separating eggs and whipping egg whites. So I use Trader Joe's Buttermilk pancake mix.

My standard variation is to add some pecan pieces and a dash of vanilla extract to the batter. The pecans taste wonderful once you add melted butter and syrup to the finished waffles. I make the full recipe on the back of the box and freeze whatever I don't eat. They reheat very well.

I also ate 4 pieces of bacon and had orange juice - not from concentrate! It's Trader Joe's juice, so delicious. Yes, you might as well know now, I am Trader Joe's bitch.

For lunch I had 2 little bags of Dorito's. I can't put out effort all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home